This week I transferred to Täby. It is in the Stockholm Area, which means that this week has been full of many changes for me, being that I have only served in two small towns. Täby is completely different than anything I am used to, but I already adore it. I transferred here on Wednesday, and it has been an exciting few days. We have been to a baptismal service, a few member dinners, but for the most, we have been running around like chickens with their heads chopped off. Since we are opening this area for sisters, we are both completely new to the area. Which means that we have spent a lot of time getting lost. We attempted to take a bus a five minute walk away, but ended up taking forty-five minutes using our iPhone. I wish that you all could see it. It's been a little frustrating, but for the most part, it has been hilarious. We just laugh and just accept the fact that it might take us a while to get familiar with the area.
Going to church on Sunday was a culture shock! I am used to the small branches and wards I have served in, and this ward is completely different. There were dozens and dozens of people there- and most of them Americans who work for the US Embassy. It was so funny to teach Primary in Swedish AND English. I felt so welcome there by all of the members, especially when they said that they have wanted sisters for 12 years and haven't had them. I can't wait to work with them!
I've been looking at Elders' handwriting this whole week while going through the Area Book. It's an eye-killer.
Look who I found. ;)
RIP Tan Bag.
You have been the most faithful bag, caring Mormon Boks around all of Sweden. You have endured through crazy transfers, P-day adventures, and gross floors. But unfortunately, you broke at the WORST TIMING this week. But I'm grateful for you. Thanks for everything.
There sure are weird pictures that the Elders left on our Täby iPhone... Elders.
Syster Bass. Take 2!
I am so happy that I can be Syster Bass' companion again. I loved working with her in the MTC and share hilarious memories with her. Even though President Beckstrand told me that he didn't know we were companions in the MTC when he assigned us to work together, I know that we were supposed to be put as compies again! She and I have laughed so hard in the past days, and it is a perfect remedy of being stressed about opening an area. I just love her!
Coming home for the first time
Funny story:
I transferred this week from Karlskrona to Täby, about 7 hours of travelling. Thankfully Syster Carlson could come with me to Täby and help me with my luggage because she had to pick up her new Greenie. But the day of the transfer was CRAZINESS. Syster Carlson and I woke up, got everything ready, cleaned, everything was great! We were prepared. We had to leave at 4:40, and it was only 3, so we went to the store to send off a package for my companion and then took the bus back. The elders were kind enough to help us drive all of my luggage to the train station (only a ten minute walk away). We got off the bus, got to the door, and then realized that I LEFT THE iPHONE ON THE BUS! I freaked out because I knew that we couldn't do transfers without our phone, especially because the tickets were on it. So we had the elders call our phone while Syster Carlson and I brought our stuff down into the mission car. Elder Zaugg was able to get in contact with someone who had the phone, and we were able to meet them and get into the train literally 75 seconds before it left! Talk about close-timing and answered prayers. It was a perfect example to me of how aware God is of us. He allowed someone to find the phone on the bus and get off at a stop very close to our apartment. He allowed us to already have plans that the elders could drive us to the train station- without the car, there is no way that we would have made it on time. It was a tender mercy, and I am grateful for it! I am such a blonde! I lose the phone all the time. Second time this month...
No comments:
Post a Comment