Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 23rd - Farewell to President and Sister Newell and Midsommar

This week, we traveled to Malmö for our final interviews with President Newell.

Side note, thanks to the train strikes here in Southern Sweden, we had to DRIVE to Malmö from Karlskrona. Two and a half hours. Blah.

But the drive was completely worth it. The Conference we had with President and Syster Newell was very special. It was a time for me to think back to the first day I met President Newell. I had just gotten off of the airplane and was exchanging my US currency for Swedish kronor. I had just been traveling for almost 24 hours and was completely exhausted. In all honesty, I was terrified to meet him. But once I did, I remember feeling very excited and happy that I could have such a kind and genuine mission president. 

President and Syster Newell have been such incredible examples to me and I am grateful that I could serve with them here and learn so many lessons from them.

Goodbye, President and Syster Newell! 
 
 
 
 
This week we celebrated a Swedish tradition called Midsommar! It is the longest day of the year, and they celebrate with dancing, games, and delicious food. 



 
Sweden has some pretty cheesy ads...

 
I love the SUN!

 
The longest day of the year- this picture was taken at 9:30 at night. We still had hours of sunshine after that! 
 


 
I cannot get over the clouds today! After the winter I spent here in Sweden, I will never take BLUE SKIES for granted. 

 
Our chapel in Karlskrona
 
 


Fun memories this week:

-Helping to make the Midsummer's May Pole.
-Playing camp games with the kids in the ward. (Told you that Brighton was applicable to the "real world". haha.)
-Complimenting people's beards before contacting them. Totally works.
-Ugly tan lines from my shoes.

Sorry, I don't have much else to say! I love you all and hope that you all had a great Midsummer. Even though I know that all of you in America don't do much for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment