This week was full of FINDING. Okay, every week is focused on finding, but this week especially. I have grown to love bus contacting. I walk into the bus and sit close to someone and usually give them a Bro Fist. I know, it sounds weird, a sister missionary Bro Fisting, but it honestly just loosens the people up. Although I am wearing a dress with a name tag, they think I'm more normal. When they finish the Bro Fist, they usually chuckle a bit, and then we talk. This week, we met three awesome new friends who we taught. They all have great potential, and we are super excited that we were able to meet them!
Church yesterday was INSANITY. Absolute insanity. We missed the bus going to church, so we got there at 10:50 instead of the usual 10:20. When we walked in the door, the halls were flowing with people. Members of the Malmö Stake came and spoke, but we also had many of our friends there at church. There were more than 70 people in sacrament meeting and it felt so good. Just like home. :) I am grateful that the members of our ward are so loving to our friends who come to church. I talked to one of our friends who came to church after (about what he felt about it) and he said, "I had so much fun today. There are so many kind people that I met." It just warmed my heart. I truly believe that one can feel our Heavenly Father's love for them through others. And that definitely happened that day in church.
This week, I studied "Love, the Essence of the Gospel" by President Monson. It was a talk that he gave last conference. Although I had read it before, I learned new things reading it through this time. He spoke of love- the center of our beliefs. He encouraged us to love more freely; to show kindness to everyone around us, not just to those who are good to us. I have thought about that talk this whole week: How can I be better and love more deeply? I have thought about the times in my life where I have felt loved, and they were after small things. A smile, "I love you", act of service, quality time. Although I am far from perfect, I am grateful that I have been blessed to love the people I serve here in Sweden. You don't need money to prove that you love someone. You just need time to show that you care about them through service.
Times I have seen Love through the Week:
-Syster Carlson making me meals and being patient with me. She just serves selflessly.
-The Elders giving us water after our bike ride to their apartment.
-My family and friends writing me letters, even though I am a horrible pen-pal.
-People in the ward praying for the missionary work here in this area.
-Nice texts from past companions I have had.
(Me with the birthday present I bought for myself)
Sometimes I worry that I am going to come home and be a completely different person. But then I have experiences like I had this week that remind me that I am still the same Airhead I was before. It started last Sunday. We were taking the 20 minute bus ride to the church and as I got off, I left the bus card on the seat. Totally forgot it! So Syster Carlson and I tried to track it down, but no one turned it in. Which meant that I had to buy another pass. Now, this isn't just some one-time bus pass. This little card gets us EVERYWHERE for an entire month. My heart broke a little bit when I had to spend the 1000 Kronor to buy it again. (About 150 US Dollars). OUCH! But, Happy Early Birthday to Me! :)
Long story short. I am such a blonde!
Syster Carlson and I. Isn't she the cutest?!
Missionaries in our area- Elder Zauggie, Elder Milnie, Syster Carlson, and I. Also, a zone leader is in this pic, too.
I am still the silly McKenzie I was before. I left a letter to the postman, thanking him for walking up the three flights of stairs every day to deliver our mail to us. I also left a chocolate bar for him. It made me so happy when I returned later that night and the note and candy had been taken. :)
Every Tuesday we have soccer night. Let's just say that I didn't leave unharmed. (Right shin)
Zone Training in Helsingborg
Pday Adventures with Syster Carlson! (Exploring the coast)
No comments:
Post a Comment