Monday, June 2, 2014

May 19th - There is no such thing as strangers, just friends waiting to meet!

 
Yay!! We were in the PAPER!
 

 
We went the most amazing man this week! He is from Africa and has been taught by missionaries before. Our lesson with him was really powerful. I love teaching people who believe in God and Jesus Christ. It is such a WONDERFUL blessing. I think I sometimes forget that there are people in the world who are religious...

While on the train to... somewhere, we sat across the row from two Africans. We started to talk to them, but then realized that they were deaf when they began to sign to us. Since neither of us can sign sufficiently, we communicated via typing in the notes section of our phone. It was really cool to communicate with them, and we invited them to come to church if they get the chance. I am amazed everyday at the people we are able to meet as missionaries- people from all walks of life, all countries, all beliefs. It has helped me grow a love for every culture.   
 Note. I almost asked them to call us... haha. 
 

 
This week, I made a mistake. A big one. I set the background of our phone an embarrassing/funny picture of Sister Anderson- it gave me a good laugh. At the end of the day, I looked at the phone and noticed that she had changed the background to a funny picture of me: A closeup of my "hamster face". We laughed together and have had a war the whole week! :)

 
Loving being a missionary. I cannot believe that I celebrate my half-way mark in two days. I have grown so much, but still have a long way to go! I am so grateful for all of the experiences I have had. I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world to be here as a missionary.


 
Love the young women. Shout out to Elisabeth and Lina who are reading this right now! Hejsan- jag älskar er! KRAM!


 
HAMSTERS FOREVER. hahahahaha.
 

 
My view when I sing from the rooftop.

 
Studies! Best part of the day.

 
Haha. I LOVE my companion. She is the nicest person in the whole world. She is with me 24/7, sees the worst sides of me, and yet loves my all the same. I am so blessed to learn and grow from her. Shout out to Syster Anderson. :)

 
Being taught Serbian. We have used "Hey, how are you?" in Serbian countless times this week! "Kako Si?"

 
Visiting the smallest library in Sweden. We left a Book of Mormon there. :) 

 
Traveling to a Zone Training. Beautiful!
 
Awkward tracting moment of the week:
 
We knocked on a door that was opened by a man in his mid-sixties. But unfortunately for us, he was wearing very little clothing; only his tightie-whities and a shirt rolled up to his chest. I was so confused! Why do people feel comfortable opening the door to strangers in only their underwear?! I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment