Monday, July 21, 2014

7-14-2014 - I was finally able to get the pics to download

Good Morning, Vietnam!
 
I cannot believe that I am at the computer AGAIN writing another email about the past couple days. And I know that I say the same thing, every week, but time flies so quickly! The weeks seem to go by faster and faster and faster the longer I am in my mission.
 
First, I will share a success story. So, in most emails I have been reading from my friends serving missions, they share awesome stories about finding people on the streets or knocking into someone who is interested in learning more about our beliefs. Sadly, that didn't happen this week. :( BUT! I did have success with missionary work doing Family History. At the beginning of June, President Newell invited us as missionaries to do an hour of Family History every single week. At first, it was painful. I just sat at the computer and tried to find something, but nothing happened. But I have been incredibly blessed and have found so many people to do work for! I now have 122 names that I can take to the temple. I have felt the Spirit so strongly while doing this work, and I am grateful that I have been able to help my ancestors hear about the gospel in a similar way that I am giving Swedes the ability to hear about the gospel. Love it!
 
This week, I was able to teach a truly incredible lesson. It was quite an unexpected lesson, as we were on the train to a training in Helsingborg. It was a long trip, and Syster Carlson and I were talking to each other until I heard someone speak English. Me, loving English, turned to the man speaking and asked him where he was from. He told us that he was here in Sweden for a week from Scotland! He invited us to sit by him, and we discussed beliefs. About five minutes into talking, a man told us that he had been listening to the conversation and wanted to know if he could exress his thoughts. We answered, "Yes!" And there we were, two Mormons, one Catholic, and one Muslim. We discussed beliefs in Jesus Christ and the after-life. We then taught them The Restoration, and I felt the spirit so strongly! It was such a cool opportunity for me to realize how BLESSED I am to be here. Never in a million years would I believe that I would be teaching people from all over the world. But here I am, being blessed to teach people from countries in which they can't learn about the Gospel. (China, Iraq, Pakistan, etc.) I am so blessed. :)  
 
 
Beautiful cathedral in Helsingborg.


 
Helsingborg!

 
I have gotten into the bad habit of "Selfie Sundays"... haha.

Random Things:
 
-The weather here in Sweden is bipolar. One day it is stifling hot, and the next day it is pouring rain.
-Sometimes, I wave or give peace signs to cars driving by and count the percentage of people who wave back/ignore. Right now, it is about 1 waving back to every 20 ignored. Not too bad... ;)
-I have come to realize that if you wave at people when they are looking through the people, they are more willing to answer.
 
I love you all! Have a great week!
 
Next week I email you, I will be 20. Yikes. Hate the thought.

 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment