Monday, July 21, 2014

McKenzie's 20th b-day celebration. Also, Kenzie will be transferring to Taby tomorrow and serving with her MTC comp, Syster Bass, again!!! Yay!

This week there has been lots of changes in my life! 

First thing first: I turned twenty years old on Saturday. Yep, the BIG 2-0. It was an amazing day. I woke up at 5:30 am and couldn't fall back asleep before the alarm went off at 6:30. (I think my inability to sleep was a mixture of excitement and the bright sun shining on my face.) I watched some Seminary videos on the iPhone while getting ready and was surprised with breakfast by Syster Carlson. She made us Swedish Pancakes and bacon. Yummy!

Then, it was present time! I opened the gifts from my amazing family and friends. (Shout out to Mom, Dad, Ry, Rick, and Aaron) I received the nicest things from all of them and immediately read all of the letters, listened the music, used the stickers, and wore the jewelry. We continued to get ready while listening to the Finding Nemo Soundtrack (thanks, Mommy!) and headed out the door with bread in hand for companionship study. We fed the pigeons in a park near our house and then went on and taught a few lessons during the day. Then, we had a small dinner and party at the church with the Elders. We had cake, got some super nice gifts from everyone, and then went home.

It was the most amazing birthday- and I appreciated everything everyone did for me to make me feel special.  
 
 
 
Funny story of the week:

McKenzie Hosenfeld is a complete blonde, if you didn't know that before. While on exchanges, I forgot the iPhone on a bench right before getting on a train to exchange back with our companions. I didn't realize until about 20 minutes after... yikes. Thankfully, a man from Iraq let me borrow the phone and I called the elders. They were then willing to pick up the phone and drop it in our mailbox that night. Phew! I was so grateful that they found it!

But later that night, we looked at the phone and saw that they texted President Beckstrand "Slim Jim eats poop on the weekdays". Syster Carlson and I were SOOO appalled! We texted President Beckstrand back and apologized and then was reprimanded for using our phone opportunities too lightly. I wish I could describe to you how mad we were at the elders at that moment! I began to call them and tell them how immature it was of them when I realized that it was all a prank. They had changed President's number to be their own, so we were really texting the Elders instead of President. It was a good laugh... AFTER we knew that they hadn't really said those things to our Mission President!
 
 
Feeding the birds on my birthday!

 
More pranks!

Syster Carlson is training. While shopping this morning, I remembered a prank that I would want to help Syster Carlson pull on her new greenie. When we brought our milk home from the store, we put blue dye in all of the cartons. We are going to convince her that all of the milk in Sweden is colored before it is sold. :) Hehe. Also, the moustache straws are from my mommy for my birthday. Thanks!

 
Visiting an incredible family in the branch and walked into this on my birthday! Thank you so much, Knuttson/Siggelsten Family! 

 
 
 
Visiting a couple branch members at the flee market in a beautiful park! We were also able to see the "zoo". (Pigs, chickens, goats)

 
This sign will be changing VERY soon because.... 

I AM TRANSFERRING!

I got a call from President Beckstrand that I will be opening Täby for sisters with Syster Bass.

So, my thoughts when I got this call:

1. Syster Bass? My MTC Companion? YES! Can't wait to work with her again, we did really well together. 
2. Opening Täby? That's a lot of hard work, but also lots of fun!
3. Wait, Täby? Isn't that the ward that President and Sister Beckstrand go to? ...yes. The answer is yes. Intimidating!
4. Täby is in Stockholm! Much different than the small cities I have served in!

I am REALLY excited to serve in Täby and have adventures there. But I am also going to miss Karlskrona. I have had so many fun memories here.

 
Happy Birfffdday to me!

 
You know, just hijacking a boat.

 
RYLANDER!  
I love you, Ry. You are the best brother EVER and this reminded me of you. :)

 
So cute! Thanks!!
 
 
 
 
My bro, Ariel.


People I am going to Miss...
 
The Blombergs


 
Lina and Lizzy. Love them. (And hello, since I know you are reading this... baha)

 
MimAriel! 

 

The Karlssons! They made my birthday so special- not only did they remember, but they made it memorable. 
 
 
 
Pedja! 

Man, I am going to miss him SO badly. 

Sister Anderson and I contacted him on the street more than four months ago and have taught him every week since, along with seeing him at Soccer Nights. Pedja has taught me about the importance of service and kindness.

We visited him on my birthday, and not only did he remember that it was my birthday, but he also gave me the most thoughtful gift. 

I had the hardest time saying goodbye to him. 

I am SO grateful for my mission, that I am able to meet people who have made such a huge impact on my life. I can't imagine not meeting Pedja and learning from his example. Missions are hard - but they are worth it. Although I hate saying goodbye to the members, investigators, and less actives I have worked with, the sadness I feel is a huge sign to me that I have been affected by these people. 

I LOVE my mission and I LOVE the people who I work with! 
 
 
 

     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment