Another week has come and gone! This week, unfortunately, was filled with even MORE unlucky mishaps. But those experiences were coupled with some funny memories, as well!
This week, Syster Bass celebrated her 22nd birthday. I woke up early to start her birthday off well. And this is where one of my blonde moments come in...
while washing my hands before making breakfast, the iPhone flew out of my Onesie pocket and fell on the ground. Not a big deal, we drop the poor phone daily. But this time
THE SCREEN SHATTERED! I gave out a typical ear-deafening, high pitched, "McKenzie" scream. I ran over to Syster Bass who was still sleeping, and told her. She was really kind and patient and told me that everything would be okay. I guess I will be buying myself a late birthday present to fix the phone. Boo. I had a little fit and then got back to work making pankakor (Swedish Crepes) and eggs. I found the recipe, whipped up the crepe batter, and made a pancake. But it just didn't work! It was a weird consistency and it wasn't cooking well. I double-checked the recipe to see if I had done anything wrong, but I couldn't find a mistake. I tried to make another crepe, but it was another fail. At this point, I am frustrated because I know that I am going to have to make another batch
of batter. Boo. But then, a light went off in my head and I remembered two frozen crepes that the Elders had left in the freezer. I then warmed up the crepes and prepared the
crepes with jam, peaches, and a "22" on her plate in pink icing. I make her eggs, and then delivered the breakfast to her in bed. Woohoo for backup plans! But shhhh. She doesn't know. She thinks that I am super talented at crepes... false.
Right after breakfast, I made Celestial Cake (Chocolate cake, drizzled with caramel, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, and daim pieces. Yummy! That turned out better than the crepes. We went to the church for District Meeting and started by eating the cake and singing "Happy Birthday" in three languages: English, Swedish, and Spanish. Good times. The elders gave her a card and I gave her a pillow case with a bunch of memories I have of her on it.
We then went out for sushi, taught some lessons, and just had a blast!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYSTER BASS! You are a great companion, and I am so lucky that I can be companions with you again.
As Syster Anderson would say every Sunday night, "It's going to be a finding week". This week was yet ANOTHER finding week. We visited more than a dozen former-investigators
and talked to literally everyone on the way. There is a very clear difference for me between the people here in Stockholm and the people in Halmstad or Karlskrona. The people here,
although still nice, are less willing to give you the time of day to talk. It is very interesting to see the change of culture between two cities in the same country.
No comments:
Post a Comment