Monday, August 11, 2014

Miracle of the week in Taby - Also, shout out to Razzy (Elder Rasmussen)

Miracle of the week:

It was 8:30 on Friday night, and Syster Bass and I were exhausted. It had been a long day and we had talked to thirty people on trains, busses, and on the street that day. Suffice to say, we were worn out. We got off the bus at Täby Centrum and began to take the 15 minute walk home. We began to walk past this man and his two children and I knew that I needed to talk to him. It wasn't a strong feeling and I didn't think it was anything special, just the same desire to talk to people to avoid the guilt of not talking to them. If that makes any sense. So, as I walked by them, I couldn't think of anything to say, so I gave the three of them bro fists. The man was a little confused and wondered if we knew each other. We told them that we are just friendly and then began talking about why we are here as missionaries and invited him to meet with us. He agreed and suggested that we met on Saturday, the day after. We learned that the man is named Joseph and is from Syria. He is Christian from upbringing and can speak Swedish very decently for only living here in Sweden for a few years. We met with him on Saturday and invited him to church on Sunday. He said that he most likely couldn't come, but we still texted another invitation to him Sunday morning. We were in Sacrament meeting when a member got our attention and told us to come out into the foyer. (foier?) What a strange word! Who did we see? Joseph and his two adorable kids! They stayed for ALL THREE HOURS of church and they loved it. His kids had fun in Primary while Joseph was taught by a member and Elder Rasmussen (Shout out to Razzy). He felt the spirit really strongly and said that it felt so good to be there. We will be meeting him again today and we are SO excited. He asked us about baptism, and we feel so lucky that we could meet him.

Long story short, things are happening in Täby. It is a little tough to be really new to the area, but we feel so loved and blessed. 
 
 
Picking string beans while walking to church. Yummy. :)

 
Going to the temple. :)

 
I am loving Syster Bass.

 
Deer outside of our church.

 
Walking through forests to get to appointments. I love Sweden.

 
Cute moment of the week. We went to a member's house and she gave us a bunch of food from her freezer that she didn't need anymore. We appreciated it so much! SO MUCH FOOD.


 
With Elder Beck from the MTC and Elder James from Halmstad. It was great to see them again. 



 
Flashback to Syster Bass' Bday. Small cake, big candle.

 
Funny randomness:
The Secretaries are such dorks. Sometimes we steal their pictures for a good laugh. 
Ä Rasmussen and Ä Workman



 
Ferry time. 


 
Pday in Gamla Stan, Stockholm. Stockholm has got to be the busiest city I have been to. Everyone is running everywhere, trying to catch their busses and trains. I have been there twice, and every time, I feel like I will have a heart attack from second-hand stress. 




 
Seven missionaries in one ward! I think that's a record? 

No comments:

Post a Comment