Monday, March 17, 2014

Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to be perfect. (Phew.)

This week has been a week of growth.
 
We have travelled all over Sweden this week, first to Västerås for Elder Bailey's funeral, and then to Göteborg for a Zone Conference. The dozens of hours that I had on a train gave me time to think. Time to ponder my growth as a person while being here as a missionary.
 
Recently, I have been really hard on myself. I have compared myself to others and haven't felt very confident. I have been feeling lately that I am a bad missionary; that I'm not accomplishing as much as I should, that I am not a successful missionary, that I am horrible at Swedish. And all of those thoughts have really hurt me.
 
Yesterday, I had a great talk with my companion, Syster Anderson. I told her about my struggles that I have been having, and she gave me advice that really hit home: Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to be perfect. He just expects us to be our best.
 
Although I have heard that dozens of times and have even told it to people dozens of times, it struck a string in myself. It meant something new to me. I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to feel badly about myself if I am not doing EVERYTHING full-out 24/7. He knows me and He knows that I am working hard.
 
I am grateful for the Atonement. I am grateful that Christ died for me so that I don't have to feel these feelings of disappointment anymore. That I can work hard, have faith, and that He will make up for the rest.
 
I love you, Family and Friends. You are the best people in the whole world. Thank you for everything.
 
Genesis and Elder Smith and his birthday party. Happy 19th! (pic above)
 
Karlskrona missionaries! :) Haha, Syster Anderson is hilarious. (pic below)
 
My family from Halmstad! I miss you, Lindahl Family.
 
 
 In Halmstad, Chris and I.
 
 
David, another friend from Halmstad.
 
 
Elin, my best friend from Halmstad. Miss her!
 
 
Museum in Karlskrona
 
 
Museum in Karlskrona

No comments:

Post a Comment