Monday, March 31, 2014

Blessings through Boldness.

Week in a summary: Blessings through Boldness.
 
Last Monday, our zone leaders called the missionaries in the area and gave us an invitation to push ourselves and try our hardest on unplanned contacting. Unplanned contacting is the type of missionary work we do when we talk to people on the way to appointments, while on the bus, while traveling on trains. We accepted the challenge with enthusiasm. This week, as Syster Andersson would put it, "We went HAM". We pushed ourselves to talk to people walking, waiting at bus stops, sitting in the library. We worked so hard and we saw many blessings. We were able to have 153 unplanned contacting, which is a big difference than the 70 that we are asked to talk to every week. We were able to get many numbers of people who are interested and have taught many lessons this week. It was AWESOME!
 
This week, we visited a member named Jenny. She is a Swede who lives on an island that we had to take a ferry to. She is the nicest woman and served a mission in Minnesota soon after she was converted. She shared with us a poem that she read frequently on her mission:

The Highs and Lows of a Mission


A mission is a strange experience
It is a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst
Yet, teaches you the best.
I've never been so happy,
I've never been so depressed.
I've never felt so forsaken,
I've never felt so blessed.
I've never been so confused,
Things have never been so clear.
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant,
He's never been so near.
I've never been so discouraged,
I've never been so full of hope.
I feel I could go on for forever,
I think I've come to the end of my rope.
I've never had it quite so easy,
I've never had it quite so tough.
Things have never been so smooth,
Things have never been so rough.
I've never traveled through more valleys,
I've never ascended more peaks.
I've never met so many nice people.
I've never met so many freaks!
I've never had so many ups,
I've never had so many downs.
I've never worn so many smiles,
I've never had so many frowns.
I've never been so lonely,
I've never had so many friends.
BOY, I hope this is over soon,
GOSH, I hope this never ends.

 
 

Cute Sigrid and the systers



  



 
Many islands.



 
Adam and Jimmy, two of our friends here in Karlskrona. They are doing SUPER well! Silly faces. :)
 
 
One round of Ninja.

 
Syster Andersson and I.


 
Trainrides

 
John, a friend we met on the train. We ended up teaching him a lesson and talking to him about beliefs. I love meeting friendly Swedes!

 
We are missionaries. :)

 
Being a missionary is tiring...


As it was read, I thought about being a missionary. The hard times that I have. The good times that I have. This poem sums up what a mission is really like to a T. How grateful I am to be a missionary!

I love you so much! Being away from all of you is hard, but being a missionary is completely worth it. :)
Love,
Syster "Cory" Hosenfeld

Yes, my district calls me Cory. Dorks.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment