I have been amazed with all of the people I have met from all around the world while serving my mission here in Sweden. We have taught lessons to friends from China, Lebanon, Moracco, Syria, Chile, Iran, and Iraq. And that is just this week. When I imagined myself teaching people here in this country, I pictured the stereotypical Swedes: blond hair, blue eyes, light skin. I have loved teaching people of all cultures and beliefs and nationalities.
Something that has struck me very strongly these past few days is freedom. There is an investigator who we have been teaching who has helped me realize what blessings I have in my life that I have taken for granted. This woman escaped from her native country to Sweden. She was Muslim, but while we have been teaching her, she has gained a testimony of Christ. She has been very careful about us teaching her because if she has to go back to her native country, she will be killed for being a Christian.
I am grateful that I am able to worship in a country as I please; whether that is Sweden or the United States. I am grateful that I can believe in Christ without worrying about what will happen to me. Whenever I think of the sacrifices that others make for their beliefs, I no longer feel badly about being teased here for believing in Christ.
I love all of you! Please be safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment