On Sunday, I went to Elder Bailey's Memorial Service in Västerås. The whole train ride there, I felt sick to my stomach. It was a horrible feeling of anticipation. But once I entered the chapel in Västerås, I felt complete peace. I felt comfort that washed away my anxiety.
The Memorial Service was beautiful. It was full of musical numbers and talks dedicated to Elder Bailey's life. All of the missionaries present sung "Blott en Dag", a Swedish Hymn. When we sung it together, the spirit filled the entire room. I couldn't help but cry while singing that song about the "one by one fleeting moments" of life.
Elder Bailey's memorial service was an experience that has influenced me. I have been thinking about it constantly since Sunday night. Elder Bailey's passing has reminded me of the impact we all have on the world. As speakers spoke of his love and his example, I couldn't help but reflect on what people will say about me when I pass away. Will they speak of worldly things like my income or popularity? Or will they speak of things of value- my character, my service?
By taking a step back, I have realized that I have been giving things too much thought that truly do not matter in the long run. In the end of life, the things that matter are things of the gospel.
I am grateful for Elder Bailey. His example and his passing will forever influence my life. I love the missionary that he is and I am appreciative of his sacrifices as a missionary. He was amazing.
I know that God lives. He loves us and He has a plan for us. Life isn't easy. We experience pains, sufferings, death, dissapointments. But I have a strong testimony that everything will be worth it, that at the end of our lives when we reflect on our actions, we will NEVER regret doing what is right.
I encourage all of you to remember what is most important. You are all so important to me and I love you with my whole heart.
With my whole heart.
Syster Hosenfeld
How grateful I am to have the gospel in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment