This Sunday has been the best one of my entire mission. It was absolutely perfect. It was chaotic and a tiny-bit stressful because four investigators and four less-actives came to church. That is unheard of! It was so cool to see everyone show up, despite the huge snow storm that we received the night before. There were so many people to introduce and help feel welcome. It was a good kind of stress. The ward is great at inviting people and helping them feel welcome. It was a success. :) It was great to see all of the people I loved there.
You would NEVER guess who I met on the bus! Gracia and Edwardo- Joseph's kids from Täby. Joseph was the investigator who we taught for the six weeks while I was there. It was such a small world. They live with their dad in Täby part time and in Södertälje with their mom for the rest of the time. It was so great to see them. They are the ones who recognized me and said hi. It was awesome!
Beautiful churches in Stockholm. (This one is the German Church.)
I want to introduce you to a friend we met this past week! We met him last Monday. We will name him... Ike. We met Ike on the bus on the way to emailing last P-day. We let him go ahead of us on the bus and he thanked us for being so nice. We ended up talking about God and we exchanged numbers. We were so busy this week that we didn't have the opportunity to teach him, but we invited him to church on Sunday. He came! And he stayed for the whole three hours and called us after, telling us how much he enjoyed it. He said that he loved the lessons and the friendly people. He is from Africa but has lived here for 30 years or more. He told us that coming to church has been an answer to prayers he has said recently. We are excited to see where this goes!
Okay, and I just have to talk about the Schiazannos again. They are the ABSOLUTE best. They let us come over last night despite the fact that they have had us over so frequently this past month. They decorated everything for Elder Packer's birthday, made the cake, and just made us feel so loved and welcome. I am so grateful for them. They do SO much! I definitely see them as a huge blessing. They are my family here. Syster Hoke, Alice (the daughter), and I made chili and cornbread- it was really fun to work together. The Schiazzano's decorated the living room with streamers and made a delicious cake. He turned 21. Pretty old. It was nice to be together and spend more time with the Schiazzano's. Even though we have been at their house so frequently with Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, they are always so willing to have us come over. They are the best. I love my families here in Sweden. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment