Friday, January 30, 2015

Sweden covered in snow, and Kenzie runs into an old friend, Joseph

One of my favorite experiences this week has been seeing the change of an investigator we are teaching. He is now being taught by the elders, instead, but it has been special to see him grow. For the past few months, he has (as corny as it sounds) truly changed. It has been an experience that has strengthened my hope for the world: the fact that we can change. No one is perfect, but everyone has the ability to become better. He has a new desire to live. That is about how specific I can be. But long story short, it is never too late to change.

 
Beautiful sights from train rides. :)

 
The classiest Red Cross Second-Hand I have ever seen. #hipster.

 
Does this face look familiar?

JOSEPH! 

I saw his kids a few weeks ago, and I saw him on the bus on Wednesday. It was such a tender mercy to see him. I have missed him dearly. It was nice to catch-up and talk about his family. It was a reminder of all of the people who I adore here. I don't want to say bye to them. 


Dinner from a few weeks ago. :)


 
We went over to the Wesemeyer's home again! They are such genuine and loving people. Nina let us take a stroll with her Spark (a kick sled).


 
This week it snowed for more than four days. 
Pros: 
-Sweden is BEAUTIFUL in white. 
-It lightens up the long nights.
Cons:
-Bruises on my legs from falling.
-Crazy hair days.
 
 
 We helped them with a little painting job. (Sidenote: painting. Extremely difficult. Who knew?) 

This week, we had countless opportunities to serve. It started with visiting a less-active for a lesson who we hadn't met before. We talked for a few minutes, but then she kindly let us know that she was feeling really weak and needed to relax. We understood, but then her little son came into the kitchen and asked for food. She didn't have anything prepared and looked overwhelmed. Syster Hoke and I offered that we could make dinner. She accepted our offer after convincing her that we would love to. She relaxed in her room while Syster Hoke made pancakes and I cleaned the house. It was a very rewarding experience to feel needed. She was extremely appreciative and kept on thanking us for being willing to do that for her. Then later that week we helped paint at the Wesemeyers, although it was too fun to consider it "service". Long story short- helping others is the easiest way to feel happy! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment