Sister Hoke and I have found a good trade-off. She doesn't like calling people, I don't like baking particularily, so she made Waffles as I did calls for the week. I think I got longer side of the stick. (Is that a saying?)
Splits with my Sister Training Leader, Sister DeMille. It is weird that I am the oldest sister missionary now. Yikes!
Our district meeting in Katrineholm. Only sisters!
Late Nights
As we were getting ready for bed yesterday, Syster Hoke brought up my imminent flight back home to the United States next month. We talked for a little bit about the lessons I have learned, the people I have met, the things I have seen. And then she fell asleep at about 10:30. But I could not stop thinking. My mind just kept on running over the blessings I have seen, the prayers that have been answered, and the fact that it WILL one day end. It will! There is a reason why missions aren't for a lifetime: It'd kill you. Your body and mind cannot survive a mission longer than 18 months or 2 years. Seriously. But I am just getting a little sentimental as I have been looking back and seeing what a huge impact this mission has made on my life. I cannot believe that this was something that never crossed my mind five years ago. I feel very grateful to be here.
Cookies, Cards, Conversations
As you already know, December was a month full of baking and delivering notes and goodies to less-actives who we haven't had the opportunity of meeting yet. Usually we would leave them tied to the door with a ribbon because they wouldn't be home, and we didn't receive many replies. But a few weeks ago, we went by a woman who the elders are responsible for. We asked the elders if we could drop by her house, but they said that they have already been by, but she hadn't been home. We said that we would still like to drop by some cookies to her. So we did. :) And she was not only at home and answered the door, but she was really positive! She said that she has been "thinking about the church lately" and asked for a Book of Mormon, which we had in our bag. We were able to teach her at her home this past week and it was a powerful lesson. We spoke of Jesus Christ and the Atonement. She told us her conversion story and her testimony of the Book of Mormon. I felt a very special feeling during the lesson and I was reminded about the countless chances God gives us to come back to Him. I feel that most members who no longer come to church still have a belief in God, the Book of Mormon, and the doctrines that we teach. It is just difficult to ACT. It can be difficult to go to church, to do the small things like praying and studying the scriptures, etc. I am grateful that God always gives me more chances because I know that I don't live up to my potential. I am happy that I can be here to help people receive another chance. :)
MIRACLE WEEK
Someone has been praying extra hard for us this week because we found four new investigators and one new less-active to work with! It has been really strange that we have been given so much success this week because I feel like we have been working as hard as we usually do. Things just worked out this week! Two of them are super positive. We will call them Kalle and Kameron. We met Kalle (Pakistani) a few months ago, but he wasn't open or positive. But this week, he called us, wanting to meet. He brought a friend with him to the lesson at the church, Kameron, from Afghanistan. We taught about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. At the beginning of the lesson, we gave them the Book of Mormons in their languages and Kameron started flipping through the pages and could not stop looking at the book through the lesson. We read Moroni 10:3-5 together from the Book of Mormon that promises us that if we read and pray, that we can receive an answer if it is truly God's word. After we read that together, Kameron said, "I already know this is true." We then told them about Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson and Kameron got extremely excited! After we prayed and left the lesson, he asked me, "Could I email this prophet?" It was really inspiring to see their faith. They came to church yesterday and said that they were excited to "learn" and "meet nice people". They have been a huge tender mercy this week. Keep them in your prayers, please! :)
Transfer News
Sister Hoke and I are staying here another six weeks- which means two things! First, that I will end my mission here in Södertälje and second, that she will be my "killing" companion. (In missionary language, the last companion of your mission "kills" the "dying" missionary) When I got the call saying that we would stay, I wanted to cry out of gratitude. I am so excited to spend more time here in this awesome area with my caring companion. I am so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment