This week we were able to teach 21 lessons. TWENTY-ONE. That is unheard of! We have been incredibly blessed to see success in the past few weeks. Holy cow. I haven't taught that many lessons since Halmstad.
This week has been FANTASTIC. Seriously, couldn't have asked for better! It was filled with service, lots of lessons, pie, and heart-attacking. Which out-numbered the ice, atheist, and exhausting experiences. But that won't keep me from telling you them all. :)
We have been so blessed lately. I feel very happy. We had five less actives in church and two investigators. Things are going really smoothly. Phew!
P-day last week consisted of going to the Genocide Museum in Stockholm. It focused on Genocide against the Romani people, also known as gyspies. It was probably the most sobering museum I have been to, but it really struck me how we as people are so alike. Yes, we have different cultures, different languages, different beliefs, but we all have an inner-desire to love and help. I'm grateful that we were able to go because it helped me see the Romani people in a different light.
Freddy. He reminds me so much of Ryland. I love it.
Dinner with Lingonberry and Lime.
SERVICE
Syster Hoke and I traveled to Gnesta to visit the Wesemeyer Family. They have been having us over about once a week to help them move into their new home quietly nestled in the middle of the forest. Every time we visit, I fall even more in love with all of them. They are such sincere, genuine, grateful people. Their love makes me miss my family. We helped them organize and put some boxes into storage. Meanwhile, they gave us more CDs that they have recorded. Nina and Rikard, the parents, are epic musicians. They create Swedish Folk music- they are hipsters without knowing it. After, they made us moose (mousse?) (yum) and Syster Hoke made our dessert: no bake cookies. They loved them. They are such incredible examples of service- I have felt such incredible love and acceptance from them. I feel that they have been a blessing that I have needed- I have so many families here in Sweden. It makes it hard to think about going home.
Star of the Week: Gertie
Okay, I want to tell you about a member of the ward. Her name is Gertie. I may have talked about her before because she is amazing, but I want to tell a story of her from this week. She introduced us to a family from Iraq she met. She introduced them to the gospel, and we have been teaching them every other month. They moved a few miles away and we planned on visiting them again. We met her at her house and took the bus with her because she didn't want to go alone. (By 3.30, it is pitch-black here.) The weather was freezing rain and powerful wind. We walked with her, trying to find the address, with no luck. I felt so bad. There was 80-year-old Gertie with her walking poles and ice-shoes walking at the pace of a turtle, trying to survive the wind. Eventually, we called them and just asked them to walk with us. The story ended up well- we were able to make it there safely... 60 minutes later. Gertie is the best! She is such a powerful example and is willing to go the extra mile to help us- including trekking through horrible weather to come with us on a lesson. My favorite quote of the night from Gertie: "I feel like a pioneer!"
This week, camp counselor "Dory" came out and we did heart-attacks to a few less active members who need extra love. For all of you who haven't had the pleasure of either being a part of the Young Women's Program or Brighton Camp, heart-attacking is writing compliments on heart shaped papers and posting them on someone's door along with sweets. It was enjoyable and it felt like we were doing something for these members who mean the world to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment