“I then
received my little greeny companion who was actually McCall Frampton’s comp in
the MTC. Small world. Syster Hosenfeld is darling, asks lots of questions and
is a hard worker. She's great.
Everything in the apartment is new
and the beach by our house is said to be the nicest beach in all of Sweden. So
no need to worry about me and my living conditions because I am WELL taken care
of. One morning this week we ran right along the water on the beach and then
the next day we took our towels out to the beach and did yoga. We are pretty
lucky.
Halmstad is B E A U T I F U L. It
is an artsy city and a lot of color. I love it. There are hardly any immigrants
in this area from what I have seen. Pretty much everyone is a Swede. Its
going to be a lot of work to get this place going, but I know the Lord has
something wonderful planned for putting four missionaries in this area. It is amazing to see the missionaries come
straight from the MTC and see how far you can go within a couple of months of
living in the Country. There really is no other way it would be possible to
learn a foreign language so fast without God.
We have spent a lot of time with
the Elders here the past couple of days because we had NO idea where anything was.
They are awesome missionaries and are very patient with me. The
bishops cute wife picked us up on Thursday morning and took us to the store to
do some grocery shopping- she is a sweetheart. We were welcomed in with open
hands and the ward is so excited to not only have 4 missionaries in the area,
but to have sisters. And we are excited to be here as well.
On Thursday we were waiting for the
Elders to get us the ward list out of their apartment and we waited outside and
did some contacting. We talked to a guy named Tim, who gave us his number but
was kind of laughing at us so I didn’t think anything would come out of it. A
couple hours later he called us and said he wanted to meet. We met up with him
that night and he said that he noticed what it said on our tags, so he went
home and looked it up on the computer. He read about missionaries and was
interested in what we had to say. He also said that there are two ways he
normally walks home but he rarely walks home the way he did- so it was cool
that we met. I just smiled because I knew the Lord prepared it to happen that
way. While we were walking we ran into one of Tim’s friends, Tibias and taught
both of them the plan of salvation. It was hard because it was the first time I
had to teach everything without another companion to back me up or help me if I
forgot something- which I am sure I did. It was not perfect but the spirit was
there and my companion bore a sweet, sincere, simple testimony. And these two
guys- both swedes, about 23 years old, came to conference yesterday.
We have done a lot of contacting
and tracting and I know that is what we will be doing for the next couple
months.”
No comments:
Post a Comment