Monday, October 21, 2013

Today's email and pics!

 
I can't believe I have been a missionary for two months now. I have learned many lessons already and I cannot wait to learn and grow even more. This week has been my favorite in Halmstad so far.
 
My funny moment of the week was while on the bus going back to Tylösand after a long day of contacting and tracting. There was a man in a uniform who walked up to us and asked us to see our bus passes, even though we had already used it to get into the bus. We gave it to him and then he asked to see our IDs. Thankfully I brought my EU ID card! Then he talked to Syster Christensen in a low tone for a while. This whole time, I was TERRIFIED that we would be deported or something. But Syster Christensen told me after that he was simply making sure that we were purchasing the correct pass for our age. It was silly that I was so scared, but I couldn't tell what they were talking about. I am very happy that we were allowed to stay here in Sweden. :)
 
We had a fabulous lesson this week with a woman. She is in her twenties and we met her on the street a couple weeks ago. She said that she would meet us at five, but we couldn't find her. We prayed then called her to ask where she was. She had been downstairs the whole time! Whoops. We began talking to her and asking her about her beliefs. She told us that she believes in God and has read a little bit of the Bible. (That is a big deal here) We taught her about the Restoration of our true church on the earth and she was asking the most thoughtful questions. At six, the library closed so we had to end our lesson, but she said, "I cannot wait to hear more!" We are very excited to meet with her again in a few days. That small success has made me SO happy this week. It reminds me that there are Swedes here who are prepared and ready to hear the message that we have. I have great hope for her.
 
I love you, all- thank you for your unwavering support.
 
Love,
Syster Hosenfeld

The work is getting better every week. Sister Christensen always tells me to know that this area will get better. This is one of the hardest areas in the mission because there aren't many immigrants, who tend to be more willing to listen to our message. But we are working hard to strengthen this area. I have great hope for Halmstad. I love it here!

 
Kebab is really popular here in Sweden. I tried it and didn't love it so much. (Mom note - Not sure if this is kebab or not, but it IS a food pic.  Ha!)

 
There are Volvos EVERYWHERE here. I love seeing them. It reminds me of my poor old car (Dottie) that died in a car accident.




 
Halmstad in autumn is gorgeous. It makes me a little sad to see winter coming so fast.
 


 
(Cute Syster Christensen)






 
The moose RIGHT by our apartment. Eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment