Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Today's email! 9-3-13

Hej Hej!

This week at the MTC has gone by in a blur. I have been learning Svenska at a much quicker rate, feeling the spirit more frequently, and finally getting into the swing of things. This week has been more enjoyable than last week, so everything is going very well. 

This week, Sister Bass and I have begun to teach NEW investigators. We now have Christian, a young man our age who has gone to a few institute classes and wants to know more about the Book of Mormon, and Adam, a 10-year-old Chinese boy who wasn't raised in Christianity but is interested in who Jesus Christ is. It is really amazing to teach both of them. Both investigators are "played" by our teacher, Broder Jorgeson, who is a recently returned missionary who served in Sweden. It is very entertaining to be teaching a man, playing a little boy, who is constantly preoccupied and rocks back and forth in his chair. I love it. 

Last night, my roommate and companion, Syster Frampton, serving in Norway, told me that I slept-talked in Swedish! She said that I said a full prayer at 2 in the morning. That made me unbelievably excited. Even though I am FAR from being fluent, I am getting better. Small progress is still progress.

On a very happy note, I am not sick anymore! I had a pretty bad cold when I came here and it got worse a couple days later, but now I am cured. But sadly, now all of my district is sick. Whoops!

I love all of your letters, especially about things from home. I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world to have such amazing people and supports in my life. I am grateful for every email, letter, package, and prayer. Tack, mi familj och venda! Muahhh!

For exercise time yesterday, all of our district played sand volleyball then made sand castles. It was silly and fun. The sand castle that Syster Bass and I made was of the Provo Temple. 

My most proud moment of the week was when I ate almost a WHOLE jar of pickles all on my own. Okay, not really. The Elders in my district helped a lot, but it was delicious. No regrets.

This past Sunday was a Fast Sunday. In one word: CHAOS. Imagine more than 3,000 starving missionaries in the cafeteria of the MTC finally being able to break their fast. They acted like they hadn't eaten in days. It made me laugh really hard. 

Yesterday, my district and I were feeling a little restless after ten hours of studying, so we decided to take a little break and I suggested that we made "rain". It was like Brighton all over again! Then my "counselor mode" came on when they weren't listening, so I had to remember that I was with missionaries, not twelve year old girls. :) 

A miracle I have seen this week is that I have been reading Mormons Bok and I understand some of what it is saying without reading the English Book of Mormon. It is easy to be frustrated and impatient with my inability to speak Swedish, but I have already seen how much I have learned in the past 13 days. I feel very blessed and I have a testimony that prayers are answered. 

I love you all to the moon and back!

Dem Karlek-

Syster McKenzie Katherine Hosenfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment