Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Today's email from Syster Hosenfeld!!! Woohoo...

General Email:

Woah- I leave for Sweden in a week from today. 

This week I was able to be a New Missionary Host and reflect on how felt when I stepped onto the MTC Campus more than one month ago. I feel very confident about my decision to be here and my love of being a missionary has grown every single day. How lucky I am to be here! 

This week, my district celebrated our Svenska teacher's birthday. It was a big ordeal- but it was the best part of this whole week. We woke up early and decorated the classroom with a pinata, banners, and balloons. Then we wrapped our creative gifts and waited for him to come. It was a great surprise to Broder Jorgeson and he really appreciated it. Then we gave toasts to him with grape juice and sang "Happy Birthday" to him in Swedish. Best fun in a while!

We have started rehearsing for the Relief Society General Conference Choir. It is the first time a choir of only Sister Missionaries from the MTC have sung for the RS Broadcast- so if you are planning on watching it, keep your eye out for me among the hundreds of missionaries. :) 

This week, my roommates asked me to sing Brighton songs to them at night. I absolutely love singing songs like "Walk Tall You're a Daughter" and "Step Forth". It is a sweet reminder of the incredible summer I had at camp. It made me miss all of my "Squishies" that I was able to meet and love.

We got our travel plans this week. We were first assigned to leave October 1st at 7:30 am, but it was recently changed to a departure on September 30th at 8:00 am. A day earlier? Won't complain. I can't believe that I am leaving in less than a week from today. It gives me the greatest butterflies in my stomach.

Congrats to the U for winning the game on Saturday- we could hear the screams when we were going to bed! Sounded like a lot of fun... haha.

I love you all! I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe, and loving the outdoors. 

Love,
Syster McKenzie Hosenfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment