Last P-day, we went to the Swedish Palace and watched The Changing of the Guards. It is a military event that lasts about ten minutes and includes marching, screaming, and translation for the tourists who come and watch.
Then we climbed up hundreds of steps to a beautiful lookout point over Stockholm. Beautiful!
Jul is coming! The stars are beginning to be placed in windows. Ginger cookies are on sale in the stores. Åhlens in Stockholm is overflowing with lights. We have decorated our apartment with Christmas decorations that we found in storage. We have begun listening to Holiday music. I am so happy.
I read this while looking through the paper last week- the article goes something like this:
The Atheist Swedish Shock The Pastor
In the TV series, "The North", an American Pastor visits the Northern Countries and meets the secular people who live there. Pastor Marty McLains usually expresses her thoughts using: "Wow."
The Pastor is from the state of Georgia and believes in The Creation instead of Evolution and a hell where people can end up for their sins. She went around Stockholm's streets to meet religious people.
The pastor finds many who believe in God but, for the most, these are immigrants.
While reading this, I couldn't help but think to myself: 'Welcome to my life.'
Me and my little purple backpack. :)
This week I was able to see some of my favorite people at Sisters' Conference.
Syster Carlson is going home next week! :(
Andy. Will always love that girl.
And my first baby!
And... Blueberry facial masks while watching The District. Again, training is hard. ;)
This week was FULL of traveling. On Tuesday, we had District Meeting in Eskilstuna, which is about 90 minutes by train. Unfortunately, the trains going to Eskilstuna are not running currently, so we had to take busses there and back. We left at 9 and we got home at 5. The majority of the day was spent on a bus.
Then on Thursday we had Sisters' Conference. We had to travel 70 minutes to get there and 70 minutes to get back.
Saturday and Sunday was Stake Conference that we traveled for, as well. My rough estimate of hours spent travelling this week is 20 hours. My life is spent on a train.
BUT, I had a really cool experience this week. While on the bus to Eskilstuna, I sat by a woman who looked sad. I began talking to her, asking about her day. She told me that her mother had just passed away. I apologized and we talked for the hour bus ride about our beliefs. She is a Christian who moved here thirty years ago for schooling. She told me that she knows that God is real because he made it possible for her to come here and have a better life. We talked about heaven, God's plan for us, and Jesus Christ. As I had to get off the bus, I thanked her that we would talk, and gave her our card with our number. She thanked me and said, "You know what? I am really glad that you sat by me. I feel that God just blessed me with someone to help me feel better today." It was a good day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment