Photo: Third blåst of the day; I am amused. Syster Hoke is broken... haha.
The week was a KILLER! But I first need to describe the frequently used missionary-word here in Sweden- BLÅST//verb: to be blown off; the action of when someone fails to follow up with meeting obligations. So, being blåsted is fairly common- investigators get busy, sick, uninterested, etc. But usually it happens a very few times a week. This week I hit a record of blåsts in a week. 10. TEN. TIO! Ten people who said they could meet didn't show up. It was seven days of waiting, praying, calling, and crossing fingers. We also had quite a few people tell us that they are no longer interested in meeting. It was a hard week- but that just means that next week can only be better. :)
We had a fun fika before going to the Culture Night in the Södertälje Library for our language study. The gospel choir, hipster band, and African tribal dancing were my favorite.
Always knowing who the Crazy Cat Ladies are because of their door decorations...
Using the GPS as if our life depends on it. Because it does. (We don't want to be stuck in sketchy areas for too long.)
Planning for the upcoming days
Little peeks into our daily lives as missionaries.
Knocking doors.
Training: The District marathon with popcorn. It's a hard life. :)
We had the first snow of the season! It was the biggest surprise. We had gotten ready, had personal study, and then Syster Hoke opened the blinds and there was white everywhere. It was super exciting and fun to be with Syster Hoke for her first Swedish Snow. :)
Making a run to a member's second hand shop with things to donate. This time, an old painting we found. I got a good laugh when a man told me, "Good job on the painting" as he was walking out of the bus. I wish!
Comp Unity- Spa Night. Nothing like inflicting a little pain to settle arguments. ;)
Maybe laughing a little bit too hard when Syster Hoke slipped and fell on the mud.
Leaving Mormon.org everywhere. Even on the bus stops. :)
-My ability to communicate.
-Warm coats.
-The ability to change through the Atonement
-Loving family.
-Freedom to worship
-A church being so close
-The members who are so loving who I have met
-People I have been able to teach, whether they accepted the message or not.
-Funny memories that happen everyday. (Awkward conversations in broken Arabic, Swedish mistakes)
-NOT getting lost in the middle of the forest this week.
-Education!
-Swedish chocolate. A killer. Too good.
-The Book of Mormon.
-The ability to read.
The list could go on and on, because blessings are continually being added to this list. Long story short, I have WAY too many blessings to feel discouraged after a week like this one. I am blessed!
Syster Hoke has been pointing out that I say many phrases incorrectly. These are a couple that she noticed this week:
When relaying the story of getting lost in the forest to members, I would say, "It was PITCH quiet when we were out there!"
Another one was when I was complaining about Atheists getting mad with us talking to them about God, I said, "I just don't understand. What do they have wrong about God?" (instead of with)
No comments:
Post a Comment