Hejsan, everyone!
These past seven days have been very enjoyable. Here are a couple of the highlights:
*****We found four new investigators! The past six weeks of being here, Syster "Squishy" Sandberg and I have been working out of the areabook, trying to contact everyone who once was interested in learning about the church. While we visit these people, we knock on all of the doors in their apartment building. And guess what? Two different families let us in!
The first was a teenage girl and her father. We knocked on their door and asked if we could share a short message about God's Love. They said yes! We taught them about The Book of Mormon being a sign on God's love for us, and invited them to read it. Thankfully, Syster Sandberg is super prepared, so she had an Arabic Book of Mormon for them in their bag. I am so grateful that the Book of Mormon is translated into so many languages!
The second were two young women from Syria. Their religion centers around John the Baptist. (I had never heard about this religion, but they explained to us that they believe that John the Baptist was a prophet, they read from a unique Holy Book, and they always wash their hands before they pray.) We showed them a short video that the church produced about Jesus Christ called, "Because of Him."I asked them who Jesus Christ was to them, and they said that they had never thought about it. So we invited them to pray about Jesus Christ before we come back nest week.
YAYYYYYY!!! Seriously, I cannot describe how grateful I am that we have people to teach! yayayayayayayaya. Long story short, we have been SUPER blessed this week to teach people. I have also been noticing that this area is very International. This week, we have taught people from Syria, Palestine, United States, Finland, China, and Bolivia.
*******Training Round Two! Syster Sandberg and I just finished up her last week of training; no longer a Greenie. But the crazy thing... I am training again! I will be picking her up in Stockholm on Wednesday. No time to rest. I am excited! I hope that she likes camp songs... haha.
*******Funny story: This week we contacted a German. And we introduced ourselves, she said, "Hosenfeld. Jewish-German." THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED! I don't understand how I can be German and Jewish in one last name. I am determined to find the answer...
*********I keep on having super strange dreams about being late to busses. Syster Sandberg and I have because masters at sprinting to busses. Especially on full stomaches after dinner at member's houses. But I always dream that we are running and that we make it to the bus stop and always BARELY miss it. And I'm just trying to interpret that. What is the meaning??
This week, I feel extremely blessed! The work is going forward, the weather is still warm for oktober, and we always have something to do. Thanks for your prayers and support. You are the best. :)
Love,
Syster Hosenfeld
By the way... All of you should see Meet the Mormons for me and let me know how it is. It looks so good!
Donuts with a family in their branch/ward.


No comments:
Post a Comment