Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine wishes from Halmstad!

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
This week I have been thinking a lot about love. No, don't worry, I'm not falling in love with any investigators or planning my wedding. But I have been thinking about love constantly. This week the world celebrates Valentine's Day. The day of love. I will be celebrating Valetine's Day, but in a different way. Instead of giving chocolates, I will be giving Mormon.org cards. Instead of giving flowers or gifts, I will be giving away Books of Mormon. While people tend to call their loved ones on V-day, I will be calling investigators, trying to set up appointments. Although it doesn't necessary sound like the ideal February 14th, I cannot wait. I am grateful that I can show my love for the people of Sweden. That I can share with them something that I love dearly: The Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
 
Missionary work runs on love. Everything we do as missionaries is because we have love in our hearts. I talk to peoplle about the gospel because I truly love them and desire that they can hear about the church. I teach people about Christ because His love and His Atonement makes it possible for me to be better. I try to be my best and work my hardest because I love my Heavenly Father and desire to serve Him to the best of my ability.
 
I love so many things about being a missionary. I love my calling, I love my companions, I love my tag. I love Halmstad, my ward, the missionaries in my district. I love the Book of Mormon, I love Swedish, I love growth. I love being a missionary with my whole heart. Serving a mission is how I show my love to my Savior for everything I have been given.
 
And lastly, I love you! I hope that you all have a perfect Valentine's Day spent with the people you love spent doing the things that you love.
 
With LOVE,
Syster Hosenfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment