Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas pictures and investigator news!

 
There is so much to be said about my past week and a half! My life has been full of blessings and adventures, and I am so extremely happy to be a missionary. Now more than ever. 

My Christmas Eve was spent with my ward's bishop and his family. It was a really fantastic day- It was spent with delicious food, generous gifts, and many movies! It was very enjoyable to relax. Then I was at the Källbergs on Christmas. We had so much fun! We watched even more movies and played even more games. Then I was able to talk to my family on Skype. What a fun opportunity! It was so strange to think that my family on the other side of the world was just barely waking up as I was going to go to bed. I enjoyed talking to my family because it reminded me of how blessed I am to have them. It was fun to joke around, speak some Swedish to them, and smile for pictures- that was a funny moment. It was a perfect Christmas and I couldn't have wished for more. 

There was a possibility this past week that I would have transferred to another area of Sweden, but I am so relieved that I am staying. There are so many things that are going on in Halmstad right now, it would be the worst time to leave. We have progressing many friends of the gospel (investigators), people to call, places to go, excitement for the work. I am very happy that I am still here! Morgan is still meeting with us and he is learning very quickly. I like that he always comes to lessons with questions, because it shows that he wants to know for himself if this church is true. He is a great person and I am so excited for his baptism!

New Year's Eve was unforgettable. We were asked to go home at four to avoid the party scene, so we went to our apartment and relaxed for a bit. Then we took a nap and woke up at 11:30, when we went to the beach by our apartment with Marcus, a friend that we met on the bus. We waited for a bit until 12, when the firework show started. It was a very special moment to think about the year that just ended; the challenges and the blessings. Then I thought about the year ahead I have to be best missionary I can be. I cannot wait to make 2014 the best year of my life.

Thank you everyone for your sweet gifts and letters- I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. 

Wishing you all a fantastic beginning of 2014- a New Year to start off renewed.

MVH:
Syster Hosenfeld
 
 
My cute Christmas tree in my apartment. Thank you everyone for the adorable ornaments that reminded me of all of you. And thank you, Mom, for my Christmas-Eve Pajamas. :) 




 
What I helped make for the dinner. 


 
My Christmas dinner. 
 
 
This is Maria and I with a little stocking gift we gave her with some treats. 

 
The Acevedos and I
 
 
Maria with the CTR ring I gave her. 
 
 
Twin tights!

 
Fireworks on New Year's!

 
Båstad! A beautiful city near the ocean. We had a free day on January 1st, so we took a train to this city and spent the day exploring. Sweden is beautiful, holy cow. I am serving in the prettiest country in the whole world.

 
 
Båstad

 
 
An art piece in a pond. Halmstad is so artsy.
 

 
Me and Emma, an adorable girl in my ward.

 
The Swedish Cathedral


No comments:

Post a Comment