Monday, January 27, 2014

Morgan

Hej, min familj och vänner!
 
This week has been fantastic. Namely because Morgan was baptized! The Saturday that he was baptized, we went to the church early to prepare everything for the big day. The elders had begun filling up the font that morning to ensure that it would be completely filled before five. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough hot water to fill up the entire font, so the water was icy cold. Sorry, Morgan!
 
Morgan came thirty minutes early, and we watched a few Mormon Messages with him.The turnout from the ward was great. There was a short program, then it was time for him to be baptized. It was such a strange moment for me to watch Morgan be baptized. I thought about all of my mission in an instant. I thought about the MTC; saying goodbye to my family, learning Swedish, strengthening my testimony. I thought about of Halmstad; the struggles we have had, the rejection, the hard work. I thought of being a missionary; the sacrifices my family has made for me, the challenges that I have faced. But when Morgan was baptized, I couldn't remember those sadnesses anymore. I only remembered the happiness and successes. He came up out of the water and I realized that it was all worth it. Every door slammed, every dropped lesson, every awkward contact was worth it. And I would do it all again for him. He was given the gift of the Holy Ghost the day later, and that was that. He is no longer our investigator; he is now a member! He has such great potential and I am so proud of him for the decision he made to be baptized.
 
I wish that I could go back four months and tell myself that it will all be worth it. To continue working hard and not worry because everything works out with the Lord's help. It was the happiest moment of my mission to see him be baptized. I don't know how else to describe it, I just feel extremely blessed.
 
I love all of you! Thank you for all of your prayers.
 
I know that this church is true with my whole heart. It is very real. I have seen it change the lives of investigators, and I have also seen it change my life for the better. I hope that we can all remember what really matters and focus on those things.
 
Med Kärlek:
Syster Hosenfeld
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment