Monday, November 4, 2013

This week's news, and pics, from our Syster!

 
 
This week has been perfect, absolutely perfect. We were running around constantly with a million things to do. I am grateful that our work is beginning to pick up and that we are busy on the Lord's errand.
 
Last Monday, Halmstad was affected by a Hurricane-Warning Storm. At first, I thought everyone was being dramatic, but it really was a bad storm. Syster Christensen and I were told to go home early and stay inside. The wind was crazy and knocked over thousands of trees in the Halland area. I am really glad that everyone was safe from this storm, which was the worst one Sweden has had in 25 years!
 
This week, we had a great experience. We were waiting for a bus when a man came up to us and asked us if we had met before. We told him that we weren't sure. Then he talked with us there and on the bus. We gave him a card when we got off the bus and he called us less than thirty minutes later, wanting to sent up an appointment to meet. When we met with him in the library, he wanted to know everything. He was asking great questions and he said that he is interested in learning more. Meeting him, I was reminded that there are people here in Sweden who are willing to hear our message and are waiting for us to share it with them. We have an appointment set up with him in a couple days! I have great hope that we can continue to meet with this great man.
 
Our Halloween was great! We bought godis (Swedish candies) and had a district meeting. Halloween isn't celebrated here in Sweden like it is in the U.S. It has only become common in the past couple years to go trick or treating, and most schools don't allow students to dress up in costumes.  
 
We also met up with a young man this week. He is the greatest kid- I cannot even describe him. Before our lesson, he took us on a little tour of Halmstad. Then he showed us this really cool hill that you can see the whole city from. He brought us fika and we taught him a little bit about the Restoration. He has high morals similar to the ones we have in our church. We are excited to meet with him again soon.
 
Funny story:
 
I am the chorister in my ward and I obviously wasn't paying attention when I thought a hymn was done. But when I sat down, everyone was staring at me and giggling. Then I realized that there was ANOTHER VERSE. So I stood up and continued leading. I was so embarrassed! But it was good- I haven't laughed at myself in a while. :)
 
The best part of the week was truly feeling looked over by the Lord. We have been led to specific places to help specific people. I have been able to talk to people who love God and want to learn more about him. I feel extremely blessed.
 
Also! I need stories to share with investigators. If you have any experiences on blessings that have come from paying tithing, keeping the sabbath day holy (by going to church), and obeying the Word of Wisdom. PLEASE let me know. Thank you! xoxo
 
Have a great week, all of you. Stay safe and warm!
 
 

 
Syster Christensen and I had fika with an investigator before a lesson. It was really fun and was in a gorgeous area we haven't been to yet. 
 


 The storm's damage on the trees. It is sad, but it shows how powerful the 3A Hurricane-Warning Storm was!
 




 




We went to a cemetery this Halloween with a less-active. She is very sweet, but as you can see, she does not smile. On Halloween, Swedes put candles on the graves of family members and it is beautiful.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment