Monday, September 29, 2014

Short but sweet this week

Another one bites the dust. These were the highlights of my week:

1. Pedja

Pedja is a friend who Syster Anderson and I met in Karlskrona. It was our "Contacting Fury Week" which meant that we talked to everyone possible. And Karlskrona being the small city it is, we contacted some of the same people twice that week. There was one night that we were exhausted from a long day of teaching and talking, and we were waiting for the bus. There was a man starting to pass us, and we decided to talk to him, even though we were both worn out. We met a really nice man from Serbia named Pedja. 

We taught him every week, got owned by his soccer skills at the ward's weekly sport night, and also Skyped our families from his house on Mother's Day. When I had to say good bye to him when I left Karlskrona, I was devastated! We have still kept in contact through emailing, but this past week, I heard that he was leaving back to Serbia in a few days. I called him, and we chatted for a little bit. It was such a needed reminder to me of how many people I love here in Sweden. I really am so blessed to have met the most incredible people who have taught me so much. 

I wouldn't have imagined that I would have met so many unforgettable people on my mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment