Monday, April 14, 2014

Thanks to those of you who contributed to the Easter/testimony package. She truly appreciated it!

Shout out: Thank you to everyone who had a part in my Easter package. The testimonies from all of you were special. I am so appreciative. :) 
 
Another week down; it is mind-blowing how quickly time passes by. I cannot wrap my brain around the fact that it has already been seven days since I sat at this computer last. Time is a strange thing- I feel like it is never constant. Time is either going by too quickly or too slowly, never at that perfect speed. I have learned this week to take advantage of the time. It is something that I have never been good at: I never appreciate the amazing times in my life until they pass. As my home-boy, Andy Bernard from The Office would say, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them." This week I have tried to enjoy the time here in Karlskrona and appreciate it for the amazing place it is.
 
This week was full of traveling. As a district, we went to Malmö for Zone Training. Zone Trainings or Conferences are a PARTY. They are so fun it feels like it's against the rules. I got to see my old Halmstad district: Syster Hill and Elder Hewitt. I have missed them so much and it was good to catch up on how my home is doing. (Home being Halmstad.) I got to talk to Elder Beck and Syster Christison, who were in my District in the MTC. It was just a good time to learn, feel the Spirit, and have a BLAST with them after, by playing Ninja. Life is good, but Ninja makes it even better!
 
Side note- trains. They are the best way of transportation. They are just like a plane, but 10,000,000 times better. More leg space, food options, restrooms that are bigger than a cubicle. Also, the views from the trains here in Sweden are amazing. They seriously look just like the pictures on postcards.
 
We also travelled to visit a young woman in a city nearby, and also visited an INCREDIBLE FAMILY. They are from Bosnia, but speak Swedish really well. They are gypsies and are the nicest people I have met in Sweden so far. I am not even kidding. As we walked up to their apartment, they opened the window and all of their family was waving at us and screaming with excitement. When we got to their door, they opened it really quickly and all of them gave us HUGE hugs and had dinner waiting. We all talked and had a great discussion on their faith in Jesus Christ. They are genuinely caring and I instantly felt loved when I walked into their home. They invited us to Easter dinner and to their daughter's birthday party. They are seriously the cutest family. I am excited to visit them again.
 
Being a missionary has been a huge blessing for me. Many times, as I look through old pictures, I don't think that I have changed very much. But as I have been reading through my journal from only two months ago, I have already seen my testimony strengthened. I know that God is real. If I didn't know that before, I definitely know that now. I know that He loves us and that we have PURPOSE. That our lives aren't a mere coincidence made by a big explosion. That we have a loving Heavenly Father who loves us. He created us and He knows us personally. It has truly been a privilege to tell people here in Sweden about God. I am grateful that I can spread the message of Him.
 
I love you all! Have a great Easter!


Also, threw a javelin. Haha.



Jimmy, Adam, and I.




 
Semla! Swedish treat.




Morning jog.
 




 
We planted a bunch of onions.

 
Lots of traveling- We went to Malmö and Röddeby this week. I never would have thought that I would have to use the train so frequently on my mission.
 
 
  


    No comments:

    Post a Comment