This week has been adventurous! We went to Helsingbörg for a one hour Zone Conference. The weather turned sour and there was another hurricaine storm warning in Sweden. Meaning that we had to do a bus back to Halmstad instead of the train. This made me laugh. I just assumed that Sweden is used to bad weather, but when there is a little bit of wind and rain, the entire public transportation shuts down. Silly Sweden.
I was able to take part in Sister Splits this week. Which means that I was able to have a new temporary companion for two days. I learned a lot from Syster Richins- she talks to EVERYONE. She talks to bus drivers, bike riders, grumpy men. Literally everyone. I am going to be doing that, too. The more people you talk to, the more people will hear of the gospel. Syster Richins and I unfortuntely got stuck in town because there were no busses going back to apartment, so we had to get a ride from our Bishop. But on the drive to our apartment, there was a road that was blocked by a huge tree. He said, "I have a chainsaw." I laughed because I thoought he was joking. No. He was completely serious. He takes the huge chainsaw out of the back of his car and starts cutting a path through the tree for a car to get through. Then my companion and I moved the logs onto the side of the road. After a little bit of work, we were able to drive through our tunnel and go back home to Tylösand. Never in a million years would I have believed that I would have an opportunity to become a lumberjack here in Sweden, but I have. I love my area!
A tender mercy that I have had this week happened the same night of the crazy storm. I was walking with Syster Richins when we ran into Marcus, a past investigator of ours. We invited him to talk with us in the library and he accepted. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and quickly after had to leave the library because it was closed. While we were walking around outside, he had a seizure. We called Sweden's emergency number and an ambulance was able to take him to the hospital. There were many things that were miracles that night. First, that we were able to be with Marcus when he had the seizure, when otherwise, he might have been walking alone. Second, two young men saw us about ten minutes later and helped us keep him warm with jackets. (Also, we were able to get their numbers to teach them in the future) Third, that the ambulance found us and he is okay. It was a crazy night, but it showed me that Heavenly Father is very aware of us.
I love you all! Thank you for your prayers. :)
Package (Isn't she beautiful?!) and first snow of the winter!



No comments:
Post a Comment